SMAN 1 SURADE -
Have you heard about Bingo game? Maybe some of you have heard about that. Here I am going to share my experience when I had English class a moment ago.
WHAT IS BINGO?
As far as I know in Bahasa there is not a translation to “Bingo” word, the dictionary only says “Permainan Bingo”. It means the Bingo is not originally from Indonesia. According to Merriam Webster Dictionary (Highly recommended dictionary in USA), one of them – it says that “Bingo” is “used to announce a successful result that is quick or unexpected”. You know the meaning, right? I am sure you can explain it for your students with your own words. Bingo game is very useful to play, learn or teach vocabulary.
HOW TO MAKE BINGO?
That is very easy to make it because I used a “Bingo-Generator” online. You can visit this site: Click Here
- The first thing you must do is to decide what topic or vocabulary you are going to use in Bingo. Either Noun or Verbs or Adjectives or anything else you want to make.
- The second, add a Tittle in “Card Tittle“
- The third, input your words that you have prepared before in “Words List” (separated by commas)
- Set your own setting in “Free Space“, “Card Size“, “Printing Option“.
- The last is click “Generate Cards Bingo“
After Bingo Cards are done you can Print it directly. So simple, right?
HOW TO PLAY BINGO?
- Distribute Bingo Cards to your students. (Individual or in pair)
- Teacher reads aloud the words that you made for Bingo words.
- Students that have each words you read must make checklist mark.
- If the checklist marks makes a line Horizontally or Vertically or Diagonally, they must say “BINGO”.
- Students that have Bingo, they must do teacher’s instruction (either translating or whatever you want)
- The game keeps going until everyone has BINGO.
Have a try!